GROW is seeking a qualified Business Development Officer for the Muskegon, Grand Haven area who will work as an extension to our Grand Rapids office. This position will require you to develop and establish relationships within the Muskegon/Grand Haven area with an external and internal focus on our Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) lending initiatives and our Technical Assistance components. This position will require someone who has worked in the Economic Development area on the Lakeshore, is self-motivated, driven, is familiar with reading and understanding financial statements and has a strong ability for outside sales. This position will be responsible for the development of relationships that will allow GROW to facilitate its Technical Assistance models on the lakeshore as well as identification of possible collaborations around Technical Assistance.
- Work independently in the field in target neighborhoods to build alliances and referral base among small businesses, business associations, community partners and participating in community events
- Provide business services to all clients on the Lakeshore
- Assess client needs and provide direct business advice through site visits to monitor business strengths and weaknesses and one-on-one
- Develop action plans for clients to achieve goals, monitor client progress and document outcomes.
- Assist client in creating cash flow projections and assist in financial analysis to provide guidance and options in making business management
- Organizing seminars, classes, and specialized courses for small business owners interested in developing or improving business skills;
- Efficiently process complete loan application packages, including screening packages against organizational guidelines and documentation of required
- Collect, track and enter client data in the organization’s impact tracking database in a timely fashion as required by our funders and to ensure GROW meets its mission
- Track counseling hours; input them regularly into the organization’s impact tracking database.
- Provide excellent customer service and fast turn‐around time to build client trust and GROW’s brand and reputation
- Work with staff on monthly radio show and facilitation of classes as necessary
- Attend a weekly staff meeting in Grand Rapids
- Bachelor degree in business, finance or related field preferred
- Banking experience preferred
- Small business ownership experience and/or small business consulting experience
- Demonstrated leadership to network with small business owners;
- Track record of community development work
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
- Efficient, highly effective work-ethic: ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work well individually, within a team, and leading a team to deliver exceptional results
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Dedication to the highest levels of quality and ethical conduct
- Highly proficient with computers, Internet, CRMs, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Ability to listen to and understand client circumstances and context, and respond with appropriate solutions
- Ability to maintain accurately tailored documentation (i.e. presentations, proposals, brochures, )
- Ability to pick up the phone and conduct cold/warm calls for meetings; ensure diligent and timely follow-up
- Strong client management skills
- Ability to travel as necessary to meet with clients / build business relationships
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Normal work hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:30AM – 5PM, Friday 8:30 – 1:00PM
- Frequent evening and weekend work is required as directed by the CEO
- Occasional travel during business and non-business hours is required as authorized by the CEO
- Fast-paced environment subject to multiple interruptions, changes in workload, competing priorities, varied and/or extended hours, and deadline situations. Exposed to and expected to respectfully interact with a variety of attitudes and personalities.
Salary will be commensurate with experience, benefits to include health, life and dental insurance, long-term disability, parking, paid time off and 1 to 1 match simple plan.
Please send resume along with a cover letter and salary requirements before February 9, 2018
Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW)
25 Sheldon Blvd SE #210
Grand Rapids MI 49503