The chief goal of the Global Development Director is to provide overall direction and execution of the Fundraising plan in support of Bethany's Global Initiatives. Additional responsibilities include effectively manage, develop and deepen relationships with a designated group of assigned major donors, resulting in increased donor retention and increased donor giving to Bethany Global.
- Works closely with the Senior Director and Senior Vice President, Donor Engagement to meet all Donor Engagement department goals and objectives.
- Actively manages assigned portfolio of prospects and relationships.
- Achieves individual goals in the areas of annual solicitation, revenue, cultivation and donor management; assists colleagues where required in order to achieve regional and team goals.
- Meets with selected potential donors, through personal visits and written and oral communication, to discuss their desires regarding gifts to Bethany Global, helps them understand gift-giving vehicles, and negotiate terms and conditions of major gifts.
- Identifies, evaluates and manages all gift-related communications, proposals and gift agreements.
- Takes advantage of networking opportunities with personal, professional and organizational affiliations, and attends functions and events that serve to effectively identify and cultivate prospective business and individual donor relationships.
- Works collaboratively with the Vice President of Global Services and the Global Board to identify and manage designated key philanthropic relationships and the prospect pipeline.
- Documents all assigned donor information and activity into the Bethany Christian Service Donor Management System (DMS) and retrieves relevant information out of Bethany Christian Service technology applications and resources including DMS, SharePoint and Donor Asset Management (DAM), etc.
- Manages email, calendar, expense reports, outgoing correspondences and other administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Supports, coaches, assists and collaborates with Branch Directors, branch staff and other Bethany Christian Service national office, Bethany Global staff and branch office personnel in order to maintain highest possible professional standards of donor engagement and fundraising activities.
- Provides direction of the Global Fundraising Plan.
- Travel up to 20% of role both internationally and domestically.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Human Services or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- AFP membership and/or CFRE designation is an asset.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of progressive experience in an advancement, fundraising or donor engagement capacity; additional experience in business development or outside sales an asset.
- Proven success in developing and implementing strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and management of a full range and value of donations from a variety of groups such as individual donors, corporations, foundations and churches.
- Demonstrated track record of independently closing individual and corporate gifts.
- Proven skills in building a prospect portfolio and leveraging major gifts through developing sophisticated strategies in planning, implementing and administering complex major gift solicitations.
- A commitment to the highest level standards of professionalism and fundraising best practices.
- Experience establishing and working with metrics, including call and sales activity.
- Exceptional writing, time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- A professional and superior client service approach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- An understanding and strong commitment to Bethany’s values and unique identity (see http://www.bethany.org/main/about-us).
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement and Cultural Diversity Commitment.