Children’s Healing Center, the nation’s first recreational center for kids with weak immune systems, is seeking an ambitious individual to join our program and outreach team. The role will be 24-30 hours per week, salary based on experience, with potential for growth. PTO paid holidays and professional development opportunities offered.
Job Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Project coordination – taking a concept and desired goal and creating a plan and timeline to execute. Coordinating internal and external team members to achieve the goal.
- Communication – explaining ideas and goals through writing, budgets, and schedules. Communication pieces include powerpoint presentations, grants, meeting notes, emails, lesson plans.
- Relationship building – ability to connect and form relationships with community leaders, medical professionals, member parents, and kids.
- Outreach – presentations to community groups, schools, and universities, medical groups
- Programming – develop and execute programs with our members' families. Manage volunteers to help in executing programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity with the medical community
- Knowledge of Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, SharePoint, Dynamics)
- Flexibility to participate in evening and weekend programming
- Ability to learn membership database software
Key Characteristics of CHC staff:
- A relational individual with ability to connect with both kids and adults and build trust
- Willing to do whatever is needed to make the organization a success
- Organized with a focus on detail
- Self- starter with the ability to generate and prioritize work for themselves and team of volunteers
- Team player - believes that partnerships strengthen, everyone has valuable skills
- Passionate and committed to serving immune compromised children and their families
- Welcoming and engaging person, inclusive of everyone
- Ability to put others before self, listen before talking, meet others where they are at
- Encouraging/ energetic/ fun – enjoys what they do and excited to be part of something great
- High EQ and self-awareness. Strives to engage their best self and helps to bring this out of others.
To be considered for this role, please send cover letter and resume by Friday, February 9, 2018. Melissa Block, Associate Director firstname.lastname@example.org 616.426.8366