The Advancement Assistant will assist the VP of Advancement and the department in the successful execution of annual development plans and goals for the purpose of securing stable funding and resources for ICCF.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Key Deliverables):
Administration and Database Management
- Ensures the timely maintenance of the Advancement Department database such that donor and volunteer records are accurate and readily available for all communication efforts and department planning.
- Performs research, analysis and documentation
- Prepares a variety of reports, spreadsheets and queries, both routine and complex.
- Provide administrative support and project coordination for department including but not limited to sending/faxing material, thank you letters, targeted mailings, press releases, major donor letters or Blueprints newsletters.
- Assist in the internal production and execution of regular written communication to ICCF support base including Blueprints, the Annual Report, general appeal letters, special appeals, and thank you letters.
- Organizes department files and assist with records retention compliance, including photo/media archives. *
- Help design and implement a system for collecting volunteer information in a timely manner.
- Assist organization in volunteer recruitment from community, church and business groups.
- Administer record keeping of volunteer files, hours, recognition, etc.
- Coordinate with other departments all communications pertaining to volunteerism.
- Assist the Advancement team with organizing, scheduling or planning of fund-raising or volunteer events; major donor visits; monthly tours; church and community speaking engagements as needed.
- Support the VP of Advancement in special projects when necessary. This may mean extended hours during events and at year-end. *
- Provide administrative support and from time-to-time assistance with ICCF’s print and E-version newsletters, website updates and other internal and external communications vehicles.
- Assist with and from time-to-time coordinate timely and well integrated approved social media vehicles. *
Bachelor's degree preferred with concentration on Business, Finance, Marketing or related focus areas or commensurate experience preferred.
3-5 years administrative experience in a nonprofit or corporate setting.
Prior experience with Results Plus (preferred, but not required), Sales Force or other donor database systems.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
Expert knowledge and demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge and/or experience with Desktop publishing and Dreamweaver.
Excellent communication skills, with strong focus on written communication skills.
High level of organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot analysis and results.
Maintains complete confidentiality regarding all department and donor information.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Certificates, License, Registrations
Valid Michigan Drivers License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Salary commensurate with experience.
ICCF offers a benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, benefit time (vacation and sick leave) and retirement.
Inner City Christian Federation is committed to equal employment opportunity in its hiring and employment practices and policies for all staff members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical ability, marital status or veteran status.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to Celeste Vaught, HR Generalist.
ICCF is an EEO employer.
Job Type: Part-time