March 13, 2020
As most of you are likely aware, Governor Whitmer has declared a State of Emergency and closed all K-12 schools through April 6 in response to the first official cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the state of Michigan. To support the health of our members, guest speakers, and volunteers, we have made the decision to postpone our Conversation Starter on April 1.
As we move forward, we remain committed to our members and will communicate any cancellations or changes to events through our newsletter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. We will also send communication directly to anyone that RSVPs to our events, should that event be cancelled. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Resources for Nonprofits
- Council of Nonprofits: https://www.councilofnonprofits.org/nonprofits-and-coronavirus-covid-19
- Nonprofits and Coronavirus: https://nonprofitaf.com/2020/03/a-few-things-for-nonprofits-and-foundations-to-consider-in-light-of-the-coronavirus/
- FAQ for Nonprofit Employers: https://www.lcwlegal.com/news/faqs-for-non-profit-employers-on-responding-to-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak
- Kids Food Basket to Continue to Provide Sack Suppers: https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/kent/kids-food-basket-will-continue-to-provide-services-during-school-closure?fbclid=IwAR2Y0qTk6vlQB8PE19VJbpAJkHj95XzRAwqiUz4XXUZTtC3Mcn4EVn7NKOk
- Tell Congress to Include Nonprofits in the Stimulus Relief Proposals: https://ymca.quorum.us/campaign/25114/
If You Have to Cancel/Postpone Your Fundraising Event
Additional Information and Resources
- Managing Your Mental Health: https://thriveglobal.com/stories/how-to-manage-your-mental-health-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak/
- CDC Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html