The Database & Development Coordinator works closely with Development and Executive staff to produce quality donor records and reporting. They are responsible for ensuring best practices so the most accurate and consistent data available for mailings, reporting, and decision making. Duties include data entry, report generation, receipting, training, and processing appeals and other solicitations.
- Maintain the list of current, past, and prospective donors in Altru software.
- Manage the development database operations including software program setup, data entry, gift recording and acknowledgments, gift reporting, maintenance of prospect and donor data, and security measures. ● Explore further utilization of the database for moves management and other functions
- Prepare donor queries, written acknowledgment letters, and other campaign literature. ● Assist with all fundraising event logistics including committee meeting agendas, venue interaction, RSVP collection and tracking, seating assignments, event follow-up, and website updates.
- Prepare and execute newsletters and mailings.
Skills and Experience
- 1 – 3 years prior database or development coordinator experience.
- Prior exposure to fund development practices within a non-profit organization.
- Professional presentation, with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and an energetic and engaging personality.
- Excellent organizational skills, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle donor information with tact and sensitivity, in a confidential manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a strong customer-service orientation.
EDUCATION: Minimum of Associates degree required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Frequent telephone and computer use. Sitting for extended periods of time. WORK ENVIRONMENT: Professional business setting.