Family Promise of Grand Rapids strives to give parents the hope and encouragement they need to create a better future for their kids and end the cycle of homelessness. Through their emergency shelter, housing services, homeownership opportunities and aftercare services, they’ve helped over 1,500 families build a stronger future.
They are seeking an Executive Officer of Finance and Operations to serve as a strategic business partner to the Senior Leadership Team, reporting to the Executive Director. This dynamic leader will have a passion for the mission of Family Promise of Grand Rapids and be able to share this story in a way that will bring needed capacity to the organization. This position’s primary responsibility is to provide a strategic vision for successful financial management of the organization and implement efficient and innovative procedures and practices that support the organization’s strategic objectives.
Their ideal candidate will:
- Act as lead financial officer and strategic business advisor as part of the Senior Leadership Team with an eye on continuously developing and improving systems
- Provide analysis, oversight and execution of both short-term and long-term strategic financial goals of the organization
- Communicate, engage and interact with the Board of Directors, Leadership Team and Executive Director
- Develop and maintain strategic community relationships with donors, partners, vendors, and organizations as they relate to the entire operation of the organization and its mission.
- Participate in and assist with planning processes, evaluation, and professional development initiatives of the organization
- Oversee preparation of financials, internal systems and controls
- Management of agency budget and cash flow in coordination with outside accounting firm and facilitate preparation of Annual Audit
- Implement systems, including software systems, to provide critical financial, operational, and program information in a timely manner to directors and managers
- Improve processes and policies for information flow, reporting, business processes and organizational planning
- Oversee all client information data collection, tracking and analysis for organizational reporting and strategic goals
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance)
- Manage HR processes, maintain policies and procedures, and orient staff to all internal procedures and policies. Including oversite of payroll processing and employee benefits
- Maintain compliance with all outside entities for licensing and non-profit status compliance
- Provide direction on matters related to asset management, risk management, tax, benefits and insurance, and business structure and growth
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Strong commitment and connection to the mission of Family Promise of Grand Rapids
- Five plus years of demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, including budget development and oversight experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters’ preferred) in Business Finance, or related management fields, CPA designation desirable
- Knowledgeable of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status
- Excels at operating in a fast paced and high community engagement environment
- Dynamic leader with track record of successful organizational growth and vision
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
- Outstanding organizational, analytical, prioritization, judgment and problem -solving skills
- Commitment to professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written