A busy Salvation Army facility in Grand Rapids seeks a Human Resources professional to provide HR and payroll support for approximately 220 employees of a residential program and the 8 stores which support it.
- Maintain contents of Center's personnel files, Medical/Confidential files, terminated employee files, applicant files, and special Drivers files in accordance with Salvation Army policies and legal requirements.
- Process forms and paperwork for new employees to ensure that all required policies are met.
- Oversee use of applicant tracking system, including job postings, applications, pre-employment verifications, onboarding, and successful new hire process.
- Inform employees of their benefits and ensure employees are enrolled at the proper time. Coordinate with central HR office to ensure that employees' enrollments and changes are properly carried out.
- Perform ADP data entry to enter new employee records, record demographic changes and benefit enrollments, and other required transactions. Responsible for the accuracy of the ADP database for the location's employees.
- Work with store management to maintain staffing levels.
- May provide training to staff and supervisors on Salvation Army policies and procedures, discrimination and harassment, or other relevant topics.
- In conjunction with the Center accounting staff, responsible for accurate biweekly payroll, monthly health reconiciliation and quarterly pension reports.
- Other duties as assigned by the Center Administrator.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of college and two to five years of administrative experience in a human resources role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic understanding of HR principles and practices.
- Well organized with good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and strict confidentiality.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and other general database management. Ability to learn other programs.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package, and a great place to work, where you will make a difference in the lives of others. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Do you like this post?