Seeking impact organizers to implement Planned Parenthood 501c(3) and 501c(4) advocacy and activist initiatives to coordinate strategic grassroots organizing efforts, conduct extensive community outreach, and build a robust volunteer and supporter base in key geographic regions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, implements and executes grass-root campaigns and other initiatives to increase organizing capacity and civic engagement within a specified geographic region.
- Implements and executes initiatives designed to recruit and increase the number and commitment of pro-women’s health activists in Michigan.
- Actively participates in tabling, volunteer recruitment, public speaking, and other visibility opportunities.
- Responsible for directing activities of supporters and volunteers, volunteer engagement, and activities that support awareness and advocacy campaigns including, but not limited to, phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, outreach events, activist nights, community education presentations, volunteer training, coalition work, health center advocacy support, college campus organizing, fundraisers, grassroots lobbying and legislative education effort, and special projects.
- Responsible for directing activities of volunteer programs including Health Center Advocacy Program (HCAP), Clinic Escorts, Legislative Action Teams (LATs), Volunteer Leadership Groups, Generation Action Groups.
- Works with teens and Peer Educators in partnership with PPMI Education staff to build civic engagement among young people.
- Responsible for executing electoral ground campaign objectives in target districts to persuade voters and increase voter turnout – including large-scale paid and volunteer door-to-door canvassing programs and phone banking, managing teams of canvassers, utilizing Voter Activation Network (VAN) technology to manage turf, script writing, and electoral messaging.
- Establish, maintain and expand upon existing relationships and create new alliances with state and local coalitions and allied organizations to strengthen visibility, credibility and mobilization efforts.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of political and legislative issues impacting the mission of the organization as well as effective political grassroots campaign tactics and methodologies.
- Responsible for regular reporting and communication of organizing efforts and results to a manager.
- Fluency and competence with multiple web platforms, social media organizing, and email and online communications.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position works remotely in select turf across the state: Detroit, Flint, Ypsilanti, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids
- Community Organizing Experience (campus organizing, political organizing, previous volunteer organizing experience)
- Community Service and or Customer Service experience
- Previous Volunteer experience
- Required Disciplines: Political Science, Community Organizing, Sociology, Women & Gender Studies or related field ~OR~ At least 2 years of relevant experience with a demonstrated commitment to reproductive health issues and citizen-based social change. Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by hiring decision makers.