The Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty is a leading international organization located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Acton Institute is an interfaith educational non-profit, our mission is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles www.acton.org.
We are seeking an International Relations Assistant to join our growing team and further Acton’s international reach.
As International Assistant you will provide key administrative support for the Managing Director of International. This position has the opportunity to assist more than one department, however your primary responsibilities support International and will broadly include: handling correspondence, maintaining contact lists; scheduling appointments; coordinating travel arrangements; managing calendars; organizing and maintaining the international department’s day to day workflow, such as; database administration; international contracts; filing systems; project and metric reports; travel and expense reports; follow up items and ensuring deadlines are met.
This is an immediate job opportunity and the position can be tailored to a part-time or full-time role.
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Values consistent with the Acton Institute.
- 2+ year’s professional administrative experience with an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, mobile technology, and communication systems.
- Excellent organizational skill sets.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professional decorum and positive demeanor.
- The ability to read, correspond and translate in Spanish and English is preferred.
- Familiarity with international cultures, especially Latin America, is desirable.
- Proficient Spanish speaking ability is a plus.
- Proficiency with Raisers Edge or similar database programs is a plus.
This position is located in Grand Rapids, MI www.michigan.org.Qualified candidates interested in our mission and the synthesis of free market and morality are encouraged to apply!
To be fully considered for this opportunity, please send the following:
- A cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of the Acton Institute;
- Your resume;
- Your salary history and expectations.
Incomplete applicant submissions will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Administrative: 2 years
- Grand Rapids, MI