The Rental Property Owners Association of Kent County seeks a creative, detail-oriented Marketing & Digital Communications Assistant to support the association’s strategic communications and marketing programs.
- Draft and develop marketing collateral using Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Design and implement email marketing communications (ConstantContact and Coschedule).
- Manage and edit the Association’s website content (WordPress).
- Attend and photograph, as needed, association events.
- Work with other staff members and association committees to identify and fulfill marketing and communications needs.
- Assist with digital and traditional media tracking and reporting.
- Write copy for communications and marketing materials.
- Carry out the design, layout and pre-press work for the RPOA magazine.
- Manage and design promotional and other graphic materials, including brochures, informational handbooks, conference signage and promotional literature, etc.
- Manage and design website news and promotional content;
- Manage all digital communications.
- Manage and carryout all functions related to the RPOA’s social media presence to enhance the company’s position and visibility with key audiences.
- Plan, develop and support the writing of content for all digital and social media activities, including the association website.
- Participate in the development and execution of a cutting-edge social media and website content strategy and its implementation through Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and other outlets as needed to generate new memberships, membership interaction, brand exposure, association reputation and sales (events and products).
- Work closely with RPOA staff to ensure timely use of appropriate social interaction and web content.
- Utilize analytics to track and evaluate the success of all digital content activities.
- Utilize analytics to develop digital communications, content and promotional strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with the RPOA staff to draft and coordinate magazine content.
- Designing and overseeing the production of the Michigan Landlord magazine and other publications produced by the RPOA for various purposes.
- Working closely with the RPOA staff to draft and coordinate approval of web and social media content, including monthly editorial calendar.
- Managing the execution of social media campaigns and day-to-day activities on current platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Serving as company expert for social media tools, trends, and applications.
- Advising and/or assisting in the development of graphic, video and/or animated content for use on web and in social media.
- Preparing (or assist in the preparation of), posting and repurposing editorial content and news items on association website, newsletters, blog and digital/social media campaigns.
- Coordinating the communication/marketing calendar with online activity and tracking social media influence measurements.
- Writing and editing event promotional content for association website, newsletters, emails, and digital/social media campaigns.
- Creating, tracking, and maintaining a digital and social media strategy that maps to a broader content and communications strategy including annual conference, product launches, community events, and press releases.
- Building relationships with partner organizations (GRAR, HBA, NREIA, Chamber of Commerce) for web and social media activities.
- Manage or support SEO/SEM activities and analytics analysis.
- Develop benchmarks for measuring the impact of digital and social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
- Regularly review competitive landscape of digital and social content and provide the RPOA Director with insights and strategy recommendations.
- Conduct social listening research and provide insight into wants and needs of the company’s various audiences.
- Any other assigned tasks as necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills and precise attention to details.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to multi-task, and work independently, as well as a part of a team.
- Effectively problem-solve anticipated and immediate challenges.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and attitude, even when under pressure.
- Solid grasp of social, digital, word-of-mouth marketing, personal and professional experience across he digital and social space, and knowledge of emerging trends and technologies.
- Proficiency using graphic design software (Adobe Creative Cloud) for design and production of marketing collateral and advertisements required.
- Experience with email marketing platforms.
- Experience managing and editing a website using a content management system (CMS), specifically, WordPress.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new technology (such as Google Analytics) to address deficiencies, hone skills and obtain the skills to further enhance the company’s marketing and digital communications efforts.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications and/or graphic design preferred.
- Two years’ graphic design experience.
- Experience using social media for business purposes.
- Good written communication skills.
- Experience with the operation of desk top computers, laptops, and smartphones.
Beneficial Experience But Not Required:
- Knowledge or experience of digital measurement and evaluation tools (such as Google Analytics) and basic knowledge of html.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Other Web and Social Media Analytic Tools
- Experience with SER, SEO and SEM.
- Experience with ConstantContact.
- Experience with or In Depth Knowledge of Rental Property Management.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- SIMPLE Plan with Employer Matching.
- Health care plan.
- Disability insurance.
- Paid holiday and vacation schedule.
The RPOA is a non-profit business association with over 1,300 members providing services, education and advocacy for real estate investors in Michigan.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- Graphic Design: 2 years (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- Grand Rapids, MI (Preferred)