John Ball Zoo is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, with a mission to inspire people to be active participants in the conservation of wildlife and our natural environment. We are seeking an Assistant Membership Manager to join our team.
Under the supervision of the Membership Manager, the Membership Assistant Manager will have the primary purpose to assist with all aspects of Zoo Membership Programs. The emphasis for the position will be to contact, cultivate, and communicate with Zoo members to enrich the membership programs and the experiences of Zoo members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains outstanding customer service in all aspects of the position.
- Promptly and professionally handles incoming inquiries (phone and email) regarding membership sales and answer general guest/member questions regarding the John Ball Zoo.
- Assists and informs walk-in guests, seeking information regarding zoo memberships, or general zoo inquiries.
- Processes payments, computer data entry, and facilitates monthly mailings regarding memberships and renewals.
- Acts as a membership sales representative in capturing new sales of zoo memberships, renewals, and promoting membership upgrades. In addition provides a clear explanation of membership discounts and benefits.
- Oversees, and at times works with, the seasonal membership sales staff at the front entry.
- Supports the Development Department in the cultivation of and communication with members.
- Responsible for the oversight of Membership Services Representatives in absence of the Membership Manager.
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to interact positively and objectively with co-workers, Zoo and park patrons, volunteers, contractors and members of the general public from a wide range of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and with widely divergent levels of educational attainment and social skills.
- Exceptional customer service and consultative skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be available to work various events that occur including weekends, holidays, evenings
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required. An Associate’s degree in business or related field is preferred.
- At least one year of customer service experience is required.