The Office Coordinator - Hauenstein Center provides administrative support to the Director of the Hauenstein Center. Coordinates a variety of duties for the department utilizing discretion and judgment, as well as organizational, communication, accounting, and technical skills.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Experience with various computer software applications such as Microsoft Office and/or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Data entry experience.
- Typing and spelling competency with grammar and proofreading skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work, and coordinate work activities of others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Advanced experience with budgets and accounting.
- Knowledge of Millennium software or other fundraising applications.
- Experience in a fundraising and/or higher education administration.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience with accounting including invoices and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability for positive interaction with tact and diplomacy regarding donor and department concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, succinct, grammatically correct email and other correspondence to students, staff, donors, center members, and the general public.
- Ability to maintain focus and work effectively during long periods of pressure and heavy workloads.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- A team-oriented contributor who is self-motivated with a desire to produce work of the highest quality.
- Supervisory experience.
- Responsible for the coordination, completion, and quality of clerical work for the office which includes answering telephones, providing information or routing calls to appropriate person, open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, and typing memos and other correspondence.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating files and record keeping systems, paper and computerized.
- Initiate, monitor, and approve all invoices, transfer requests, and journals using OnBase software.
- Monitor budget reports from accounting and reconciles the reports with the office’s records.
- Maintain all budgets: bookkeeping, reconciling, monitoring, making and tracking expenditures, preparing budget statements, developing status reports, making recommendations for projected budgets. Including investigating discrepancies and make appropriate adjustments.
- Disseminate information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures, and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
- Generate reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials spreadsheets and graphics, and other similar materials using computer systems.
- Ensure that contact information is up to date, event registrations are logged, individuals are added to the HC mailing list when requested, prospect actions are input, etc.
- Perform and coordinate scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and making arrangements for major meetings, conferences, exhibits, or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
- Initiate and schedule all travel for both internal and external contacts.
- Order office supplies.
- Supervise student employees.
- Process student employee UltraTime and maintains appropriate records monitoring available dollars.
- Manage and maintain supervisor’s schedule and the calendar for the Hauenstein Center for Presidential Studies.
- Coordinate all clerical duties associated with adjunct and student searches.
- Conduct special projects and assignments as directed.
- Assist in coordinating special events and functions.
- Use Millennium to prepare reports which may require data entry, compiling and computing statistical data.
- Prepare correspondence, travel and expense reports, P-Card statements for approval, and various other university forms.
Job Classification/Range: C3 Level. Starting at $16.79
Campus: Grand Rapids
Application Deadline: April 11, 2018
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now”. Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
Advertised: 29 Mar 2018 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 11 Apr 2018 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time