The Grand Rapids Red Project is hiring an Office Development Manager.
Administrative Support: General administrative support to the Executive Director; manage correspondence; process invoices; schedule meetings and appointments; record meeting minutes; coordinate and maintain; assist with time records and grant/contract processing and management and work with Program Managers to develop processes and procedures to maximize efficiencies.
Donor Relations: Assist to develop strategies to increase individual donor base and community giving; develop and coordinate a system of contact for donors; develop and help execute annual donor communication schedule; maintain donor relations database, producing reports, recognizing and giving; and coordinate donor receipt mailings and gift-in-kind receipts.
Event Coordination: Assist with planning and organizing special events; identify and solicit corporate sponsorships; assist with social networking strategies; maintain internal organizational calendar; assist with website content and updates; develop and implement marketing materials; and assist with promotion of Red Project programming.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, may be substituted by experience
- At least three years’ experience in an administrative support position, preferably in a non-profit Fundraising/Development office
- Advanced computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn other software programs
- Prior experience with Fundraising Database preferred
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills that will be effective in engaging a broad base of community and philanthropic support
- Confidentiality- capable of maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality with regard to client and organizational information.
- Motivated- capable of taking the initiative and following a project through to completion. Capable of identifying needs and achieving results.
- Organized- capable of prioritizing needs, goals and objectives. Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and reliability. Managing multiple projects, while still achieving desired outcomes.
- Teamwork- capable of working with many different personalities; of vocalizing needs, while still putting self behind the needs of the group and organization; enhancing and supplementing the skills and abilities of others.
- This position may require occasional evenings and weekends Organizational Communication:
Send your cover letter explaining qualifications and desire to fill this position, and resume to:
401 Hall St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507
Or email, by 5pm, Friday, March 16th.