Are you an outgoing, highly-organized professional who desires to make a meaningful impact in both your workplace and the greater community? The Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors is looking for a Philanthropy Coordinator to join our expanding Philanthropy team. Through coordination and administration of the daily functions of the philanthropy team, communication with external partners and donors, managing the organization's donor database, and assisting with preparation of the organization's donor events; this individual will enhance the reach, capacity, and productivity of the Phoenix Society’s fundraising and philanthropic efforts.
Located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors is the leading non-profit organization supporting burn survivors and their loved ones. Since 1977, we have supported survivors through innovative resources, education, strategic partnerships, and advocacy efforts. Through these efforts, burn survivors and their loved ones across the nation experience transformational healing; taking them from surviving to thriving!
As the Philanthropy Coordinator, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the philanthropy team, including: departmental recordkeeping, calendar management, action-item reminders, meeting minutes, travel coordination, expense reports, grant timelines, preparation of correspondence and reports, overseeing online giving and matching gift strategies, and responding to donor and stakeholder inquiries
- Oversee the team's relationship management system, creating and producing fundraising progress reports, conducting research and analysis, and tracking donors and prospective donors
- Serve as the database expert for philanthropy, providing back-up support for gift processing and ensure donor information is thorough and accurate
- Provide support for Board of Directors and Campaign Cabinet fundraising activity
- Assist with donor stewardship and recognition including coordination of gift acknowledgements and production of philanthropy related communications
- Coordinate and support production of appeals, annual report, web and other donor communications
- Provide key support and tactical planning for all Phoenix Society fundraising and donor events
- Prepare materials for donor meetings and assist with follow-up
- Conduct prospect research, identifying potential donors and fundraising opportunities
- Keep Phoenix Society team members apprised of development project needs and deadlines
- Additional tasks and responsibilities related to the philanthropy team of the Phoenix Society
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years of experience providing high-level administrative support, preferably in a non-profit, fundraising capacity
- A high-level of integrity and the ability to handle confidential information in a discrete manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to originate and develop documents, correspondence, reports, and presentations
- A proactive and flexible approach to work, with the ability to stay organized and meet deadlines
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, donor database platforms (Raisers Edge, preferred), and network and social media communication tools
- Ability to occasionally travel nationally, less than 5% of the time
A movement is greater than one person… If you want to improve the lives of individuals on a national level, be part of a collaborative team, and take part in the success and growth of a non-profit organization, consider joining our team today as our Philanthropy Coordinator. We offer benefits and competitive wages. Please submit your resume and letter of interest for immediate, confidential consideration. For more information about our organization, please visit our website at www.phoenix-society.org.