The School of Public, Nonprofit and Health Administration is looking for a part-time Secretary to work 20 hours a week.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Typing and spelling competency.
- Experience with various computer software applications.
- Data entry experience.
- Social media experience, Facebook, Linked In, Mail Chimp etc.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Some college coursework.
- Experience in higher education.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Generates a variety of materials such as reports, memorandums, course syllabi and evaluations, correspondence, forms.
- Proofread and correct materials; edits grammatical errors.
- Performs receptionist duties such as receiving visitors, answering the telephone, taking messages.
- Receives, opens, routes mail and may compose responses to standard inquiries.
- Maintains filing and/or database and record keeping systems on paper and/or computer.
- Assemble Electronic Newsletter using Mail Chimp.
- Prepares reports which may require compiling and computing statistical data.
- Disseminates information which may require explanation and interpretation of the university/departments/ divisions’ policies and procedures including limited student advising.
- Acts as a liaison between department supervisor and department staff and/or campus community.
- Prepares and processes various university forms.
- May assist with graduation audits and compiling accreditation data.
- Assist with the departmental admissions process.
- Answer or refer inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and the general public regarding established policies and procedures; answer routine inquiries; and schedule appointments and meetings, facilities and events.
- Establish and maintain filing and recordkeeping systems.
- Inventory and order textbooks, supplies and/or merchandise.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Responsibilities – Non-essential Functions: (Functions not mandatory to the existence of the job.)
- Makes and confirms travel arrangements.
- Takes, transcribes, and distributes departmental meeting minutes
- Assists with special events.
- Assist students with registration, drops, and adds.