This person will be tasked with articulating the Feeding America West Michigan story through various platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. The person in this position will be responsible for the organization's presence of social media from planning phase to execution.
He or she will seek to convey the reality and urgency of the problem of hunger and to involve our audience in the solution Feeding America West Michigan provides. All communications activity will be channeled toward achieving the larger aims of the development department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintaining institutional social media accounts
- Creating and sharing meaningful content across social media platforms with the intent to engage and mobilize Feeding America West Michigan supporters
- Planning and implementing strategies to increase brand awareness and bolster social media following
- Responding quickly to comments and inquiries on social media accounts
- Communicating messages consistently across multiple platforms
- Working with the development team to support other fundraising and communications efforts
This list is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned
- Strong communication abilities both written and verbal
- An instinct for effective communication strategies
- Experience working with social media in a professional setting preferred
- Personal commitment to our mission
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and manage a flexible schedule
Some college - pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Public Administration, or related field.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $11.00 /hour