As the Volunteer Manager, you will manage the daily operations of the volunteer team. You will lead, coach, and mentor volunteer team members foster a spirit of performance excellence with a focus on providing great experiences for Grand Rapids Public Museum guests and building strong relationships with business partners in a fast-paced environment. You will also be the visionary that will help lead the volunteer department into the future.
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with guest, team member, and financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with guests, volunteers, partners, vendors, leaders, and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach and develop volunteer team members.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working closely with volunteers in a museum or similar setting
- Minimum 1-2 years of leadership experience
- A visionary leader able to benchmark new and unique ways of including volunteers in the guest experience
- Knowledge of museums, large attractions, or theme parks and a passion for delivering outstanding service experiences
- Experience with Volgistics volunteer management software
- Successful volunteer recruitment and retention experience
- Experience creating and maintaining training programs for new and existing volunteers
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Must have full work availability
Education: Bachelor’s Degree - Business, Human Resources, Non-Profit Management, Communications, Museum Studies, Theatre
Physical Demands: The ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Work Environment: Professional, creative setting with friendly public interaction.
Job Type: Full-time
- Leadership: 2 years
- Volunteer Management: 3 years